The Packaging and Production Design position is a unique opportunity to work in product development at Malouf. The ideal candidate is both analytical and creative, is extremely detail-oriented, has an in-depth understanding of 2D and 3D art in packaging, and takes pride in design efficiencies and branding communications.
- Create and proof print dielines, UPCs, legal tags, packaging inserts, and artwork in Adobe Illustrator
- Builds manuals and a variety of booklets in Adobe InDesign
- Work with cross-functional team to generate and execute on packaging concepts. This will include brainstorming, illustrations, and digital mock-ups
- Create assembly instructions and a variety of other information graphics specific to product development
- Understand brand guidelines across typography, layout, copy and imagery
- Track, archive, and maintain all incoming art files
- Research industry trends to identify, assess, and execute packaging design and improvement opportunities
- Assist in identifying new packaging suppliers and processes
- Create drawings and illustrations to aid in new product development
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years college education required with an emphasis in industrial or graphic design preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in print, package, and/or product design preferred
- Design portfolio showcasing skillset is required
- Understanding of wide range of printing limitations and capabilities
- Knowledge of file builds with accurate layers, print settings, and color management
- Excellent typography, sketching, and layout skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite of products namely Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Benefits include health insurance contributions, disability, vision, dental and 401k along with other great perks of working at one of the best companies in Utah.