Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
3 April 2017
April is National Pest Management Month. In the sleep and furniture industry, we know bed bugs can be more than disturbing and problematic, they can be downright disgusting and disastrous. It is our duty to help prevent a bed bug epidemic by raising awareness and providing mattress encasement protectors for all.
The Uncomfortable Truth About Bed Bugs
- Parasites feed on human blood
- Infestation has grown 500% in the last few years
- Can cause skin rashes, psychological effects, and allergic symptoms
- If allergic, red spots immediately appear on host’s skin after feeding
- Can live for up to a year without feeding
- Spread through luggage during travel
- Live mostly in or near beds and couches
The Bed Bug Solution
- Encasement protectors: 360-degree total protection encasements for mattresses, box springs, and pillows can help shut out bed bug infestations.
- Cleaning: Light cleaning can go a long way toward prevention. Vacuum, reduce clutter and inspect bedding and furniture regularly.
- Travel smart: When traveling, store your clothes inside a pillow protector to keep critters out and choose hard shell luggage over fabric options.
Remember, it is easier to prevent a bed bug problem than to solve one. Shop our full range of protectors here .